Tonight was all about diversity & learning, with a whole lot of fun mixed in. Randall blew us away with his tales of near death escapes, soaring with eagles & more in his hang-gliding second CC speech “In a world full of people only some choose to fly”. Other highlights included an awesome session of kiwi slang table topics with Inka, a brilliant reading from Nigel Latta with Kathy and keeping up with the diversity theme, a slamming soap box from Dave regarding idiots on Christchurch’s northern motorway. Then just to make sure we all had something to take home, Ellie shared her 6 secret tips for presentation success. Oh, and how was that fudge? Thank you Jan! See you all on contest night next week!
Four corners – how to fake eye-contact, just don’t get dizzy
- “Mr Toastmaster, fellow Toastmasters …” – it’s all about handing off the floor
- Thank you – revel in your speech ending – don’t ask for thanks, don’t run away, just soak up the applause.
- The handshake – No limp fish, and no dominating the shake either
- <Insert 5th secret tip here> – sorry folks, I’ll take better notes next time …
- Go naked – you don’t need that lectern – go without notes, or at least put the lecturn to the side.